Non Traders Click Here

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rise Up



 

“Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson

 As the Phenix rises from the ashes, so will I. Not just spiritually and emotionally, but in my pursuit of happiness. I respawn this blog to guide me and keep me focused and motivated on my path to becoming a profitable intraday ES trader. Trading is a high intensity, extremely focused practice, and quite frankly what has been my primary obstacle has been my failure to commit. Its been long enough that I know the principles of successful trading and market reading, but I can not execute and monetize that knowledge. The last piece of the puzzle is to start doing. I must do what everyone else is not willing to do. That means getting out of bed in the morning to trade the DAX session. That means maintaining my laser sharp focus in periods of dead action. That means forcing my energy to remain engaged and energized as I dive into the futures market everyday.

 Today's performance was a great reflection of those principles of mental intensity and focus. Despite all the negatives in my trading today, mostly inability to press on high % setups and lackluster exits, I was able to detect the rhythm and flow with it. I achieved this through a combination of premarket planning, and mot importantly, focus and mental intensity. If you are not willing to work for this, to exert energy, both mental AND physical, you will never succeed, no matter how well you think you can perform technical analysis. My goal is to find ways to maintain mental intensity and a winner's attitude while trading, and find ways to find it when it is lost. If I do not have that connection with my mind, body and soul, I must not put risk into the markets.

The market is a very unique creature. You can never predict what she will do next, but if you listen closely, you can connect with her in the most powerful of ways - and she will reward you beyond your wildest dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment